Friday, August 2, 2013

Back to School

Our school system had officially began it's first day of school yesterday on the new balanced calendar.  Back to school on August 1st has its' perks, we get two weeks off for fall break in October and two weeks off for spring break in April.  Luckily, my boys were eager to get back in the groove of school too.

My oldest, Keaton, is starting the second grade and my little man is repeating kindergarten.  My little, Isaiah, has high functioning Autism, ADHD as far as some other minor developmental delays.  He has three years of being at school under his belt.  Two years of their Early Childhood program and a year of full day KG.  While he did a wonderful job last year and worked really hard academically, he struggled still socially at the end of the school year.  We had a little bit of a let down and Isaiah was not able to remain in the same class as last year but I am already hearing wonderful things, he has a sweet new friend named Jacob that he has been playing with.  As for Keaton, he is too social, it is only a matter of time before I get that phone call that my son will not stop talking in class.  

Back to school to mommy means craft time!  Woo Hoo!!  As sweet friend gifted me her Canon Selphy CP760 last week and it had taken me some time to figure out how to use it with my Windows 8 computer.  There are no drivers for this device on a Windows 8 system but there is a trick, download the Windows Vista drivers.  Here is how I learned of the solution to my printing problem.  So, yesterday, I got busy and started printing photos and pulling out all my goodies and creating.
 Page made from contents of my Studio Calico Valley High kit, Planetarium kit and Halley's Comet add on.
 Page made from contents of Studio Calico Valley High kit, Spencer kit and Elle's Studio Cameron goodies.
This page was made with the Pretty Little Studio Nature Walk line.  Lisa Wilkinson had a class where she worked with this mini kit.  Everything else here is all from the line with the exception of the washi and glassine sacks.  I still need to do the journalling on this layout.  

I am ready to get some more pages created!  My goal is to work on more pages this next week.  Also, I am trying to hardest to compile all my goodies for my December Daily.  Thanks to a sweet friend of mine I got a huge crate full of scrappy goodness!  But Cubmaster duty calls and my week will be full of setting up popcorn booths, training sessions, and fall recruitment prep and meetings.  More goodness to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment